Friday, March 7, 2008

Layer Upon Layer

Since Hannah, Ryan and Abby died, my resources for dealing with life's bumps keep getting significantly lower. I feel like layer upon layer of struggles have built up over the last few years, and now any time something is even slightly out of alignment in my world, I have a hard time dealing with it.

The most recent thing is a change in our health insurance. None of our doctors accept this new insurance. Not my hematologist, not my daughter's ENT, Audiologist or Physical Therapist, not my children’s pediatrician, my primary care doctor or my foot doctor. Not even our dentist!

And while I know we'll work something out, the very thought of having to deal with all this sends me into a tailspin. 5 years ago, I would have sat down and tackled this problem head on. Now I don't even know where to begin-it completely overwhelms me to even think about it.

And this makes me feel incompetent. And that's an awful feeling.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better, that would have sent me into a tailspin regardless of my life experience. I hate tedious, out-of-my-control stuff like that.

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. You are not incompetent. Remember, you also have a lot more people to be concerned with now than you used to. That adds to the stress and anxiety over these things too.

Angela said...

I can only say that "I hear you!". I used to think that I should be strong, let everything roll off of my back because I have been through hell. But, hell has tapped out my resources, so to speak.

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this - it stinks. I hope that you can come to some sort of resolution. I hate this kind of stuff too.