Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Birthday Mania...

It's hard for me to believe, but both my children had their birthdays this month. Laura is now a year old and Joey is 3. Time sure does fly.

We celebrated Laura's birthday with family at our shore house. She was the party girl and had a great time. When everyone started singing "Happy Birthday" to her, instead of bursting into tears like many one year olds do, she looked around somewhat baffled then her face lit up into a huge grin. Without a doubt, she's my socialite!

Since we were at the shore, she had a sandcastle cake, which she loved.

Joey celebrated his birthday with a small party of 4 friends, at our house. It was a construction theme and each child got a hard hat and a paint brush. I set out 5 different paint colors and they painted a cardboard box "house", which was a huge hit for them. For his cake, I made a backhoe loader. (Although I can't take full credit for either of the cakes because I subscribe to a great magazine called Family Fun that gave me the inspiration and directions to make them both!)

What a year it's been...Happy Birthday Joey. Happy Birthday Laura. I love you both.






2 comments:

Angela said...

Happy birthday, Joey & Laura! Looks like lots of fun. I am duly impressed by the cakes. I just want to dive into the sandcastle one. I hope Laura did!

And, yes, what a year, April! You are a strong, strong woman.

Lori said...

Okay, those are some impressive cakes! I don't care if someone else did give you instructions. I can't frost a cake to save my life. You'll have to explain the sandcastle one to me. It's so cute!

They are so adorable and I can't believe they are already one and three!!