Monday, June 23, 2008

Is It Because 5 Years Is Right Around The Corner?

Recently, I bought new bedding, a lamp, sheets, throw pillows and a valance for Joey's room. His room is currently very "baby" and when he goes into his big boy bed (which should have already happened but hasn't) I'm going to redo everything.

The new theme is of trucks and cars and he's going to LOVE it. I tend to be one of those people who does the whole "Kit and Kaboodle" when I decorate (especially the kids' rooms), so I'll paint the drawer pulls navy (or maybe I'll paint the furniture navy and the drawer pulls red) and it will be "fun" and bright and cheery. And, did I mention that he's going to love having trucks as a theme?

So, why can't I bring myself to start pulling down the border? Why can't I take off the wall hangings that I painted while I was on bed rest? Why can't I stop thinking that this is the final "let go" of physical reminders from when I was pregnant with Hannah, Ryan and Abby?

Why is this so hard?

No comments: