Monday, December 22, 2008

Power of Prayer

Today, my Mom was admitted into the hospital with severe pneumonia. After an hour or so in the hospital, they relocated her to ICU. She cannot breathe on her own and is very sick. The next 24 hours are critical-to see how she responds to IV antibiotics and oxygen. I am scared.

While I do not believe we can pray for specific outcomes or things, I do believe in the power of prayer to provide us with strength. Today, my family could use some support and some strength. I ask you to please to take a moment of time out of your day to say a prayer for my Mom, my Dad and the rest of my family.

Thank You.
===
It's Christmas Eve day and I'm going to see my Mom today. It's the first time she's wanted visitors, so I take it that's a good sign. However, she's not responding to the treatments as they had hoped she would. She's still in ICU and will be there for quite some time. I feel so badly for her. She won't be home for Christmas, but we will take bits and pieces of Christmas to her, instead.

Last night, I went to my parents' house and cleaned it for my Dad and so that when Mom comes home, it will be nice for her. When Dad got home, we decorated the tree together and then spent a really nice time admiring our "work" and talking. It's been a very stressful week for my Dad and I think he enjoyed the company. I know I enjoyed being with him.

I wish you all a very safe, happy and healthy Christmas and may you and yours experience all the love and joy of this holiday. Again, please continue to keep my family in your prayers.

No comments: