Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Miss The Crib!!


Yesterday was day 2 of the big boy bed.

I put Joey down for nap/quiet time (he's transitioning out of the nap but still needs down time/quiet time) and I heard him chatting away for a while then it got quiet, so I went downstairs to straighten up and have some of my own quiet time.

Later, I went back upstairs and heard him chatting again so I decided to get him "up". I opened the door and there he was, sitting on his bed, blissfully playing-his entire room was covered in tissues/tissue bits he had ripped up. Upon hearing the door open, he looked at me and said, with utter joy, "Look Mom, I made a tissue world"

I want the crib back.

2 comments:

Angela said...

What a mess! But, how cute is that?! A tissue world . . . sounds nice and cozy to me.

Lori said...

This cracks me up because apparently at the age of 3, I once tore up a box of tissues all over the front hallway, sat down in the middle of it and started crying, saying, "See what a naughty girl I am!" (This was in response to my new baby sister and my driving need to garner some kind of attention- be it positive or negative).

At least Joey was happy with his Tissue World!