Thursday, June 4, 2009

So Long Ago...

Yesterday, I was in picking up my new contact lenses. I am friendly with the owner and we were chatting as I was looking at the new glasses styles~they are so fun now-pretty colors and funky shapes. Not anything like the tortoise shell frames I have.

I was having fun trying all the styles on and found a great bright pink pair that I love. I asked her to look in my chart and tell me if my prescription has changed since the last time I purchased glasses. It hasn't.

"Drag" I said, "my old glasses are so boring but I can't justify purchasing new ones right now , especially since I rarely wear them"

She surprised me by saying, "you bought your last pair of glasses in Winter '04. You were in such a different place, emotionally, that you didn't even look at anything fun or funky. You just wanted to get a pair of glasses and go home. You really have come a long way"

It seems like such a long time ago-it was such a different life. I was such a different person.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I have moments like that come up now and then too. You get a glimpse into who you were and how far you have come. It's a good feeling but it's always a little poignant too.

Did you get some fun glasses? :)