Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wait and See...

I strongly dislike not knowing what I'm dealing with. I am not a "stick your head in the sand" kind of person and I handle things much better when I know, rather than when I'm waiting to know.

But, that's where we are with my Mom. She was discharged from the hospital yesterday-not because she is well again-but because there is nothing more they could do for her there. She was sent home on a rather high level of supplemental oxygen and steroid medication and now all there is to do is wait and see.

What we're waiting for is her lungs heal enough so the doctors can figure out what the underlying lung disease(s) is and whether or not it is reversible, progressive or stable. There is a chance she'll come off oxygen. There is a chance she won't. There is a chance she'll get better. There is a chance she won't. And there is chance she'll get worse until the disease takes her life. They can not tell us anything else.

Limbo. It's a terrible place to be...

No comments: